INTRODUCING THE INDIANA AG & TECH SUMMIT CAMP!
This camp is an earned opportunity for our students to recognize their outstanding attendance, academics, and behavior throughout the school year. Summit Camp will include campfires, challenge courses, lake time swimming/boating/fishing, hiking, recreation, guest speakers, lab activities, and much more!
Summit Camp will consist of 2 parts: Tech Session and Ag Session.
Students who have attended both Tech and Ag throughout the semester may attend both sessions of the Summit Camp!
Location- Indiana FFA Center, 6595 S 125 W, Trafalgar, IN 46181
REGISTRATION LINK AT THE END OF THIS EMAIL. Please read all qualifications and details before registering.
REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRI. MAY 21.
SUMMIT CAMP DATES/TIMES
- · Tech Session– Tuesday, June 1 (1 PM EST) to Wednesday, June 2 (5 PM EST)- *1 overnight
- · Ag Session– Wednesday, June 2 (10 AM EST) to Thursday, June 3 (4 PM EST)- *1 overnight
o *If attending both sessions, a student will stay for 2 nights
o All students will combine for large group activities during the day on Wednesday
- · Tech Session- $25
- · Ag Session- $25
- · Both Sessions– the combined discounted cost of $40
o Payment for Summit Camp must be submitted with a check or credit card to the IATS office by May 31, 2021. Payment must be received before a student’s place is reserved. Please remember, space is limited.
To qualify for Summit Camp, a student must meet the following criteria:
- · Registration submitted no later than 12:00 PM EST (NOON) on Monday, May 17, 2021- EXTENDED TO 5/21
- · Attendance at a minimum of 80% of the APD’s (in-person or virtual) (including completed off-week assignments and replacement educational experience hours- please review the student handbook for the attendance/replacement hour policy)
- · Behind pace or below 70% overall grade in no more than 2 Edgenuity courses
- · Good standing with IATS based on overall behavior and discipline
All applicants will be notified of their registration acceptance on May 21, allowing for 5 days to remedy any attendance or Edgenuity qualifications not met. Any students not meeting the qualifications by 12:00 PM EST (NOON) on May 21 will not be permitted to attend Summit Camp.
A waiting list will be created after the initial registrants are accepted up to the 100 person/day limit is reached, based on date of registration and date of qualifications being met.
- · A Google form will be sent to all registrants to complete with information on basic demographics, bunkmate preferences, dietary needs, allergies and medical history, physical/activity limitations, etc.
- · Signed COVID-19 and facility waivers will be required. These will be emailed to students who register for Summit Camp by the deadline.
- · Transportation to Summit Camp is not provided.
- · Due to COVID-19 space limitations, registration is limited to 90 students total per day/overnight. Social distancing, facial coverings, and other health precautions will be followed as per the Johnson County Health Department’s instructions, as well as following the guidelines of the Indiana FFA Center.
- · Parents will not be allowed to chaperone or stay as a guest due to COVID-19 limitations.
- · All participants will be required to fill out and sign a COVID-19 health check and facility waiver.
- · Students will not be allowed to leave the premises during their session. Students will not be permitted to leave with another student or parent at the end of their session without signed permission by a parent/guardian.
- · The Indiana FFA Center is no longer able to meet dietary accommodations. If a student has any food restrictions, allergies, or accommodations, they will need to notify the school no later than May 17th so meals can be provided by the student and/or school. These circumstances will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- · All medications will be turned in at check-in and will be administered by an IATS staff member or school nurse. No medications will be allowed in the cabin accommodations with the exception of inhalers.
- · Students will stay overnight in cabin accommodations with bunk beds. Capacity in each cabin will be at 50%. Students will need to bring their own bedding.
- · May 17- online registration due- EXTENDED TO FRI. MAY 21
- · May 21- attendance at 80%+, behind pace/non-passing in no more than 2 Edgenuity classes
- · May 31- payment due to IATS office via credit card or check, all waivers signed and submitted